Brethren Gallery Wallpaper Gallery Music Gallery
KAPI KKTK Music Ministry Kawan ng Cordero Lingap Kapatid Guest Coordinators Artist Guild
Health Desk Business MCGI Music Classified Ads
Special Report Spotlight
Doktrina Schedule Local Choir Schedule

I survived a near-death accident after calling God's name, why me?

INQUIRER: I have met many accidents that nearly took my life... I am a driver, plying from Malolos to Malinta. One time, I was hired to drive to Batangas. There was a stoplight ahead, I was driving fast. Suddenly the brakes failed. When I said, "My God! My God, save me!" Do you know what happened? I was given way although it was already a stop. My question, Brother Eli, is: How was I able to survive that incident?


Bro. Eli F. Soriano (EFS): There is a reason for that, brother. In II Corinthians 6:2 -
Bro. Mel Magdaraog (MM): "(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)"

EFS: You know, a person is saved by God from dangers because he will be called by God. You called, God listened, you asked for help, He saved you, when He calls you, you should answer, too. God said - "...now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)" Now, now, now! Right when you hear His voice. In Hebrews 3:13 -

MM: "But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

EFS: That is very clear. When you hear His voice, harden not your hearts. Let us read another verse - in Hebrews 3:15 -

Sis. Luz Cruz (LC): "While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation."

EFS: You know, when a person experiences being heard by God - for example when you are in danger and He listened to you - God has an intention for you. He has an intention for you: there is something He wants you to do. So, when you hear Him calling you, respond to Him. Because when you called, He listened to you; you asked for help, and He came to your rescue. Now that He is calling you and He has something He wants you to do, hear Him, too. There are people whom God calls but they refuse to listen, they ignore God's calling. God has already shown you that you are in the wrong path but then you refuse to leave, what does God say? In Proverbs 1:24-28 -

LC: "Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;” “But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:” “I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;” “When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.” “Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:"

EFS: That is what will happen, brother. For example, you called upon God, and He listened; you asked for help, He saved you, time will come when He will call you. But when He calls you and you don't answer, that is bad. Eternal perdition awaits you when that happens. Do you know why, brother? God said - "Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;” “But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;” “When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.” “Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:” “For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:" That is written in the Bible. You are being saved by God because there is something He wants you to do in your life. God wants you to be a useful vessel. Or God wants you to be a servant of His truth. But if you ignore that - that's up to you. That is the answer of the Bible.

SOURCE : http://www.mcgi.org/en/questions_and_answers/near_death_accident/
 
Copyright Local ng nDomingo © 2010 - All right reserved - Using Blueceria Blogspot Theme
Best viewed with Mozilla, IE, Google Chrome and Opera.