Brethren Gallery Wallpaper Gallery Music Gallery
KAPI KKTK Music Ministry Kawan ng Cordero Lingap Kapatid Guest Coordinators Artist Guild
Health Desk Business MCGI Music Classified Ads
Special Report Spotlight
Doktrina Schedule Local Choir Schedule

Should we fear death?

INQUIRER: Should we fear death?
BRO. ELI SORIANO (EFS): Fear what?
INQUIRER: Death. Of course, there are people who fear death. You know, it is natural for man to fear death. That was said by the wisest king who ever lived on earth. In Ecclesiastes 7:26 –
BRO. JOSEL MALLARI (JM): "And I find more bitter than death the woman," According to King Solomon - "And I find more bitter than death..." So, death is bitter. Because of its bitterness, just imagining that your husband will die, you fear for him. Don't you? Just imagining that your parents will die, you feel sad if you love them. More so if it is you who would die, the more that you would be afraid. But do you know that there are people who do not fear death? Just like Saint Paul. In Acts 20:24 -
JM: "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy,"
EFS: For the sake of his course - "...neither count I my life dear unto myself," So, he is not afraid to die, just to be able to finish his course. I know of a government official. He was in charge of a bank. He was in the government during the time of former President Cory. Being a bank official, he was responsible for the vault. The vault was open when an earthquake hit. Do you know that everyone ran away except him? He had to close the vault before leaving because the money might be stolen. He was serving his duty. Meaning, he loves his duty more than fearing death. That's how Saint Paul was. He also said so in I Corinthians 9:15 that his duty is more important to him than his life. He is not afraid to die. Listen -
JM: "But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void."
EFS: "...for it were better for me to die," According to Saint Paul, it is better for him to die than that any man should make his glorying void. So, he is not afraid to die. But do you know why there are people who are not afraid to die? In I John 4:18 -
JM: "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."
EFS: If you have love, you do not fear. For example, you have love of God, if God wants to take your life, why would you be afraid? That is it. But it is natural for man to fear death. But if we are sown with love - love of God and of fellowmen - you will not fear dying. Look at me, I am not afraid. If I am afraid, I will no longer speak. If I am afraid to die I will not come out. I am under surveillance. So, we can say, we must not be afraid to die if we are not doing anything wrong. What is bad is, you do evil, when you die there, you are wretched, because when the judgment day comes, you will be accountable before God for the evil things you committed. Before we die, we must prepare that... We hope that if we die, we die doing goodness to God and to our fellowmen. But we should not be afraid.
 
Copyright Local ng nDomingo © 2010 - All right reserved - Using Blueceria Blogspot Theme
Best viewed with Mozilla, IE, Google Chrome and Opera.